The Board of Certification for Certified Organizational Ombudsman Practitioners (Board of Certification) was established in 2009 for the purpose of awarding the Certified Organizational Ombudsman Practitioner®or CO-OP® credential. The Board of Certification, a division of the International Ombudsman Association (IOA), manages all matters related to certification and recertification through its Board of Directors, committees and task forces. Its purpose is to promote, examine and maintain standards for the advancement of organizational ombudsmanry. It does so by identifying -- for organizational ombudsman practitioners, their organizations, and the public -- those organizational ombudsmen who have voluntarily sought and obtained certification.
The CO-OP®credentialing program is intended to:
- Promote visibility for Certified Organizational Ombudsman Practitioners;
- Recognize the shared understanding of the knowledge and experience required of the organizational ombudsman practitioner;
- Foster consistent adherence to the key ethical values and standards of practice of the organizational ombudsman as defined by IOA;
- Enhance the status and credibility of the profession and present a reliable image to the public; and
- Regulate use of the credential, including corrective procedures, to protect the integrity of the certification program and the profession.
Upcoming Certification Examination Test Dates
There are no prerequisites or working requirements to sit for the Certification Examination
The next CO-OP® Certification Examination will offered between Thursday April 18 and Sunday April 28, 2013. The computer-based testing will be offered at a range of testing centers at a date and time within the testing period selected by the examination registrant. Registrations for this examination will be accepted between Friday March 1 and Wednesday April 10, 2013.
Click on the link below to register online for the computer-based examination. Please select "International Ombudsman Association" as the organization when required:
The early-bird registration fee for this CO-OP examination in 2012 is $525.
For any questions about the examination registration process, you may contact the
IQT testing service:
Inside North America at +1(866) 773-1114
Outside North America at +1(727) 733-1110.